Welcome to Seabrook® Cherry Hill outpatient treatment center, where you’ll find the same loving support and multidisciplinary clinical programs that have distinguished Seabrook’s award-winning addiction treatment for over 40 years.
Located in the heart of Cherry Hill, NJ, our CARF-accredited outpatient facility is just 30 miles from Trenton and 10 miles from Philadelphia, PA. We are also convenient to Virtua Marlton Hospital and Kennedy Memorial Hospital.
to Addiction Treatment
The Seabrook Cherry Hill outpatient treatment program meets clients where they are, embraces them with love, and begins the healing of mind, body and spirit. Like Seabrook’s residential rehab, the Cherry Hill outpatient program follows the Seabrook Model® rooted in the 12-Step Recovery Principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA). Programming incorporates holistic modalities, family therapy and clinical treatment, as needed.
The program also provides monitoring and educational services for adult clients living at home and attending Cherry Hill’s daytime curriculum. Topics covered in Seabrook’s outpatient sessions include:
- Dynamics of addiction
- Medical aspects of addiction
- Importance of abstinence
- Maximizing the use of 12-Step groups
- Minimizing risky behavior
- Nutrition, exercise & recreation
- Relationship skills
- Conflict resolution
- Assertiveness & communication skills
- Family dynamics of addiction
- Relapse management skills
- Developing external sources for addiction recovery
Seabrook’s fully credentialed addiction specialists are members of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Professionals (NAATP), and they work with clients to achieve total abstinence from drugs and alcohol through medical stabilization and 12-Step immersion. Programs at Seabrook Cherry Hill include:
- Partial Hospitalization (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
- Traditional aftercare
- Individual counseling for patients with mental health & substance use disorders,
Outpatient program sessions are designed to fit with your life, and meeting frequency varies with the level of required treatment.
Traditional Outpatient (OP) One to two group sessions per week
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Four times a week for 2.25 hours, plus one individual session and family/outside provider contact each month
Partial Hospitalization (PHP) Four days a week for five hours a day (includes one meal per day)
Individual and Family Counseling One weekly hour-long session
Convenient and lower in cost, outpatient addiction treatment is a practical solution for clients unable to leave their jobs, homes and families for residential rehab. However, it is not the right recovery approach for everyone. The Seabrook team of addiction professionals uses these criteria to evaluate your eligibility for outpatient care:
- DSM V diagnosis of substance use disorder with a strong likelihood that the patient will respond well to treatment.
- Symptoms that interfere with the individual’s ability to function in at least one life area.
- The ability to function in an outpatient setting without posing a risk to self or others.
- Meets American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) level II.1 dimensional admission criteria.
Entry into the Seabrook outpatient program begins your journey toward a healthier way of living. At Seabrook Cherry Hill, you’ll receive the same loving acceptance and proven clinical treatment available at every Seabrook addiction treatment center. For your recovery journey to be a success, you must agree to accept these patient responsibilities:
- Provide your own transportation to and from treatment sessions.
- Respect the confidentiality of all patients.
- Provide honest and accurate information about your health, all substance abuse and addictive behaviors. You will be asked to provide proof of all prescribed medications.
- Report any difficulty with abstinence for alcohol and drug use. Be willing to make changes in your treatment plan to address such difficulties. This may include being referred to another level of care, including residential treatment or hospitalization.
- Develop and comply with your individual treatment plan.
- Provide necessary information to a financial counselor and agree to pay any out-of-pocket costs.
- Attend 12-Step support group meetings on a regular basis while in the program.
Seabrook’s Cherry Hill facility is a safe, serene treatment environment for those in early recovery. Far from a cold, clinical setting, our outpatient center encourages openness, gathering and fellowship. The meeting space includes a café lounge equipped with Wi-Fi, cable TV, vending machines and ample room for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes and self-help meetings like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).