Our residential clients’ days are filled with life-affirming activities and multidisciplinary medical treatments that follow the Seabrook Model®, an approach proven in over 44 years of practice to help individuals recover from addiction.
Family participation and support are essential components of this model, and visits from approved family members can strengthen a patient’s resolve and provide much-needed love and encouragement.
To keep Seabrook clients safe and focused on recovery,
our staff of addiction professionals has established the following guidelines for client visits:
No visitors allowed during the first seven days of treatment.
Advanced approval of visitors by the patient’s therapist is required.
Patients receive one approved visit per 30-day stay at Seabrook.
Two family members, including children, may attend if approved.
Patients must designate visitors for approval and call to invite them.
After completing seven days of treatment, Seabrook patients are eligible for a pre-approved family visit on the next designated Sunday. Visitation follows this schedule:
- Week 1 – Female residential patients
- Week 2 – Adult male residential patients
- Week 3 – Young adult male patients
- Week 4 – Patients ineligible for visitation when normally scheduled
Please keep these Seabrook restrictions in mind when you arrive for your scheduled visit:
- Any approved visitor over age 17 must provide a photo ID.
- Seabrook reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who is:
- Suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Under a restraining order or other legal restriction
- Displaying inappropriate behavior
- Not pre-approved by the patient’s therapist
- Visitors denied entry will be asked to leave and may be subject to removal by state authorities if they refuse.
- Family members should leave all belongings securely locked in their vehicles. No cell phones or cameras are permitted while visiting at Seabrook.
- Approved items brought in for the patient must be clearly labeled and left at the reception desk to be delivered later by our staff. Please remember that food, beverages and potted plants are prohibited.
Participate in Your Loved One’s Recovery
Seabrook is committed to helping individuals and families recover from the devastation of addiction. We believe that, when possible, family members should play a role in a loved one’s recovery by participating in services like our Family Matrix Program and individual family sessions. Inpatient family visits are a time for reconnection and encouragement. Keep in mind that Seabrook staff is not available to comment on client progress during these visits.
Seabrook does not offer overnight accommodations for families at our residential locations. Visitors can make reservations with these Vineland, NJ hotels a short 12-minute drive away from Seabrook’s main campus:
For visitors traveling through Philadelphia, PA, the Rittenhouse Hotel in Center City offers luxury accommodations only 45 minutes from Seabrook.