Outpatient Rehab in Morristown, NJ
Addiction Treatment in Morristown, NJ
Traditional Outpatient (OP): two group sessions a week and as little as one per month.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): programming four days per week, including four, two-hour and 15-minute group sessions, one individual session and family/outside provider contacts monthly.
Partial Hospitalization (PHP): four days a week for five hours a day. (Note: patients attending partial care will be afforded one meal per day.)
Individual and family counseling: meet with a therapist each week for one hour.
- The dynamics of addiction
- The medical aspects of addiction
- The importance of abstinence
- Maximizing the use of 12-step groups
- Minimizing risky behavior
- Nutrition, exercise and recreation
- Relationship skills
- Conflict resolution
- Assertiveness and communication skills
- Family dynamics of addiction
- Relapse management skills
- Developing external sources for addiction
- Have a DSM V diagnosis of substance abuse disorder and a strong likelihood that you’ll respond well to treatment
- Deal with symptoms that interfere with your ability to function in at least one life area
- Function in an outpatient setting and not pose a risk to self or others
- Meet American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) level II. 1 dimensional admission criteria
- Respect the confidentiality of all patients.
- Provide honest and accurate health information and a full list of prescribed medications.
- Report any difficulty with abstinence for alcohol and drug use. Be willing to make changes in your treatment plan to address such difficulties, including being referred to another level of care like residential treatment or hospitalization.
- Develop and comply with a treatment plan.
- Provide necessary information to a financial counselor and pay any out-of-pocket costs.
- Attend 12-step support group meetings on a regular basis while in the program.