Month: July 2018

Home / Archive for July, 2018

Addiction Treatment Providers Testify Before Congress

  July 27, 2018   No comments

Tuesday morning six men whom all have ties to the addiction treatment industry sat before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations to discuss the progress and

Teen Binge Drinking May Impact Adult Memory

  July 25, 2018   No comments

Binge drinking can lead to memory loss – and the effects can last into adulthood, according to a new study published in the Journal of Neuroscience. For the study, researchers

How Industries Are Adjusting to the Opioid Crisis

  July 20, 2018   No comments

Each week new research is published journaling the opioid crisis. The information being gathered needs to be shared. More and more professions are learning and mandating substance abuse trainings as

Naloxone Training May Be Required for NJ Students

  July 18, 2018   No comments

This year, more than 1,500 people in New Jersey alone died from opioid overdoses – a staggering statistic that prompted the passing of a bill requiring all high schools in New

America’s Youngest Victims of the Opioid Crisis

  July 13, 2018   No comments

In 2012, every twenty-five minutes a baby was born with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS). In 2015, the rate increased to every nineteen minutes a baby was born immediately thrown into

More Millennials Are Experimenting With Tobacco Use for First Time

  July 11, 2018   No comments

More and more young adults or Millennials are starting to experiment with tobacco products for the first time, which experts worry will lead to a new generation of addicted smokers

Study: Why Some People Are More Prone to Alcoholism

  July 4, 2018   No comments

Only 15 percent or so of people who regularly drink alcohol develop an addiction – but why them and not the other 85 percent? A new landmark rat study published in

Seabrook’s Tips for a Sober 4th!

  July 3, 2018   No comments

Friedrich Nietzsche once said, “Freedom is the will to be responsible for ourselves”. Freedom and responsibility often go hand-in-hand. Independence Day and sobriety celebrate both. 242 years ago, the founding